Crane machines are the huge tower like machineries having ropes meant to lift or to lower any heavy devices. Hence they are also referred as lifting cranes. Cranes are not permanent structure. In fact it is a temporary structure either fixed in the ground or mounted on certain vehicles. Cranes are operated either through cab operator or through infrared or radio signals.
Cranes are used move materials in a horizontal position from one place to another. Cranes are also used to lift and lower materials. One or more simple machines are used in cranes to produce a mechanical force, which is able to move loads beyond the normal capability of a human. Cranes are used for the loading and unloading of goods in the transport industry, for the movement of debris, sand, mud and other materials in the construction industry and for the assembling of heavy equipment in the manufacturing industry .
Types of Cranes
Based on the size and the loading capacities cranes construction machines can be grouped as
Depending on the size, operation and application areas, cranes can be further classified as follows:
- Tower Cranes: Tower cranes are fixed on to the found on a concrete slab and often rise hundreds of feet into the air, and can reach out just as far. Tower cranes are known to give the best combination of height and lifting capacity and are used to lift steel, concrete, large tools and a wide variety of other building materials. Widely seen in the construction of tall buildings.
- Floating Cranes: Floating cranes are used mainly in port and bridge construction.
- Overhead Cranes: In an overhead crane, there is trolley and a hoist assembly that moves in one direction along one or two fixed beams and lift heavy loads. They are mounted on elevated columns in the assembly area of factory.
- Hydraulic Cranes: Hydraulic cranes are widely used for lifting and carrying heavy loads having weight capacity of thousands of pounds by transmitting forces from point to point through a fluid etc.
Cranes Wholesalers, Manufacturers, Suppliers
We have a vast database of manufacturers and wholesaler suppliers of all types of crane construction machines. Send Online Enquiry for cranes, cranes machines, lifting cranes, construction cranes, tracked cranes, vehicle cranes, truck mounted cranes, crawler cranes, tower cranes, overhead cranes, hydraulic cranes etc. and get competitive quotes from multiple cranes wholesaler dealers.
Working of Cranes
Lifting Cranes Machine
Construction cranes are usually temporary structures, either fixed to the ground or mounted on a purpose-built vehicle. They are controlled by by a pushbutton control station, or by infrared or radio control and this operation is handled by an operator in a cab that travels with the crane. Construction workers on the ground communicate with the operator through a system of standardized hand-signals in case of small site locations and for larger installations, radio systems are used. With the help of these signals, an experienced crane operator can position loads with great precision.
Applications of Cranes Construction Machines
Cranes are indispensable for the developments of heavy projects. Their
high loadage capacity and easy operations has made them highly useful in
following areas :
- Building of bridges
- Building of airports
- Building seaports
- Container lifting device in seaports
- Building of big multi storied structures
- In heavy industries etc.